Chinese five spice marinated pork satay
15 minutesPreparation time
- 1 pound Pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 clove Garlic
A spicy soy marinade tenderizes and flavors the pork tenderloin strips before they hit the grill.
- Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 12, 5x1-inch strips. Place pork strips in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, vinegar, oil, five spice powder, red pepper flakes, honey and garlic. Pour marinade over pork strips; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 1 hour before grilling; drain. Lightly coat wooden skewers with cooking spray. (Or use twelve 6- to 8-inch metal skewers.) Thread pork strips onto skewers accordion-style.
- For charcoal grill, grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.) Serve with bottled peanut sauce. Makes 6 appetizer-servings (2 each).
Offers and bonuses by SkyBet at BettingY com